|
1.我本该知道他是个保不住什么密的人。我真不该告诉他那件事。
I should have known he could not keep anything secret. I really shouldn’t have told him that.
2.我是不是来的不是时候啊?
Have I come at an awkward time?
3.她强挤出了一丝微笑来掩饰自己的尴尬。
She forced a smile to cover up her awkwardness.
4.太湖由于过度捕捞,著名的“三白”,即:白鱼、白虾、银鱼几乎要枯竭了。
The Taihu Lake has been overfished and the well-known “Three Whites”, namely, white fish, white shrimps and small ‘silver’ fish are almost exhausted.
5.我的背景是工薪阶层,在这些高收入人群中感到很不自在。
With my working-class background, I feel like a fish out of water among these high-income people.
6.很抱歉我不能整天坐在这儿和你瞎侃。我还有更要紧的事要做。
Sorry I can’t afford to sit here and chat with you all day. I have bigger fish to fry.
7.我恐怕得让你走人了。我这里庙小,装不下你这个大和尚。
I’m afraid I’ll have to ask you to leave. You are a big fish in a small pond.
8.她突然辞职,我们皆为之愕然。
Her sudden resignation took us all by surprise.
9.要确保胜利,我们就必须出其不意、攻其不备。
To ensure success, we’ll have to take them by surprise.
10.造成这些鱼长这么大个儿的因素有三:海底的热输油管道、钻井平台工作人员扔下去的充足的食物供应、石油平台附近完全没有捕鱼船。
Three factors have caused these fish to grow so large: the warm water round the hot oil pipes
under the sea; the plentiful supply of food thrown overboard by the crews of the rigs; the total
absence of fishing boats around the oil rigs.
11.就供需而言,经济型的中档轿车在汽车市场上还是供货不足。
In terms of supply and demand, economical intermediate-grade cars are still in short supply on the auto market.
12.那是你不在的时候发生的。
It happened during your absence.
13.我不会接受任何我不在场的情况下做出的决定的。
I wouldn’t accept any decision made in my absence.
|